Just in time for colder weather!!! This soup recipe was inspired by the Ultimate Reset when I was doing it last Fall. It is still a staple in our house today. And while it is for detoxing, it’s ability to fill you up with low calories is the perfect soup recipe for weight loss!!!
Save this one and keep it handy for the next time you’re needing to warm up from the inside! My plan is to make a big batch of this (or some variation of it!) every week so I can have it for lunches and busy dinner nights. Because Fall is so busy for us, this is the perfect go-to that will keep me and the family healthy and fulfilled!
A few things to know about this soup recipe (and me!)….
- I’m the worst at recipes because I never measure anything and just throw it together 🤪 I did my best to give you an idea of what I put in, so you have a place to start!
- I made this batch for the entire WEEK! So it’s ginormous! Adjust amounts accordingly!
RECIPE-ish & Instructions👇🏻
Chop all veggies first:
- 1 onion
- 3 big carrots
- 3 zucchini
- 4 stalks celery
- ~4 cups fresh green beans
- 1 red bell pepper
- 1/2 head of broccoli
- 1/2 head of cauliflower
- 2 cans rotel tomatoes w/ green chili
- 1 head of kale
- 8 cups low sodium veggie broth
Side note: you can totally use frozen veggies to make this even easier!
Use whatever herbs and seasonings you have….. I used:
- 4 cloves of garlic
- 3 T fresh parsley
- 1 T fresh sage
- 1 tsp fresh rosemary
- 1 tsp fresh thyme
- Himalayan salt & pepper to taste
- Add some olive oil to a big pot and sauté onions, carrots, celery, broccoli and cauliflower for about 5-10 minutes.
- Add in minced garlic and all the other veggies and cook another 5-10 minutes.
- Add in seasonings and cook another few minutes.
- Add in veggie broth and any additional water if you want more liquid.
- Boil then turn to medium, cover with a lid and let cook for about 30-45 minutes to help soften veggies. Adjust time as needed.
You can add in anything and take anything out! That’s the beauty of soup concoctions! If you make this, please post on your IG stories and TAG ME, so I can be inspired by your creation!! @micahfolsomfit